How to Fix Saved Word DOC File Opening Up Blank
Your saved Microsoft Word document showing up blank with 0 bytes when opened? Well, here are some troubleshooting methods that you can take to fix those troublesome files back to their original positions. If the manual methods are not helpful, then download YupTools Fix DOC Software to fix saved word document appearing blank when opened issue.Download Buy Now
I have a very important Word document, loaded with confidential business information, which I tried to open after not using it for a while. Now, when I open it in Word 2010, all pages are completely blank. Originally, it included mostly text and some graphics and I believe it was made first in Word 2007, but might have been edited and saved again later in Word 2010.
I know, making backups is the right thing to do. However, after periodically searching in my backups, this file ended up being the same in all three backups. When I try to select something on these blank pages, I get nothing but blanks, blanks, blanks.
Does anyone have any idea what may have happened? Thanks in advance!
Cause for the problem –
Word document shows 0 bytes and appears blank when opened indicates that the file has been corrupted in some way. And when it attacks, the content of your Word document is gone and the file is shown as empty.
Quick solutions to fix saved Word DOC file opening up blank -
Here are some of the effective solutions to help you fix Word document become blank after saving and opening. Just read on to get the detailed info.
Solution #1. Open blank Word document using Open and Repair feature
- Start Word
- On the File menu or the Microsoft Office button, click Open
- In the Open dialog box, click to select the blank Word file
- Click the down arrow on the Open button, and then click Open and Repair
This Microsoft Word built-in feature will then fix the problems or corruptions that detected on Word files created on any version of MS Word application.
Solution #2. Restore the blank Word document to a previous version
- Right-click the blank Word document, choose Restore previous versions.
- In the list of previous recovery points, choose the latest one.
- Click Restore button to recover it back.
Solution #3. Fix blank Word document issue with YupTools Fix Doc Application
Still cannot fix the blank Word document even trying all the above two methods? Now YupTools Fix Doc Toolkit with free trial version will be helpful! First of all, download and install the program on your PC. Then follow the steps below:
- After the completion of product installation, launch the tool
- Select corrupt DOC/DOCX file that is showing as blank using Browse option and then hit Repair button
- Quick scanning process will take place
- Next, view repaired Word file using Preview option
- Finally, save repaired file on any desired location by clicking Save button
Features of YupTools Fix DOC Utility
- Very simple, easy-to-use and convenient user interface
- Built-In Preview facility
- Fix Word files created using any versions of Microsoft application like 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016
- Easily repair any error in corrupted Word file even when Word is not responding
- Effortlessly fix Word documents and recover its attributes like OLE Objects, Images, Texts, Tables, Carts, Fonts, Hyper-links, Sound Tracks, Graphics and more
- Product can be easily installed on any version of Windows operating system like Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, 2008 and 2012
Other Popular Software
Yuptools Fix PSD has the capability to repair damaged Adobe Photoshop image without any complication. It supports all files created on all versions of Adobe application.
Yuptools Fix DOC has the ability to fix corrupted Microsoft Word 2010 DOC and DOCX file in a couple of easy steps. Supports Word file created on all versions of MS Word.