How to Fix QuickTime Showing Green Screen
If the screen turns green when you play a video in QuickTime and the audio is just fine, then you’ll have to follow the methods mentioned here and fix the issue.
- Open QuickTime
- Go to EDIT>PREFERENCES>QUICKTIME PREFERENCES
- Click on the ADVANCED TAB
- Uncheck “Enable Direct3D video acceleration”
- Click OK
- Restart QuickTime
If the above fix doesn’t work out in fixing the video file that shows green screen in QuickTime, then do the following:
- Perform the above mentioned three steps and select “Safe Mode”
- Click OK
- Restart QuickTime
Even after following the above mentioned methods, if you are still not able to solve the problem, then the problem might be as a result of video file corruption. And to tackle out this problem, you need to use YupTools Fix MOV File Software. As the name itself indicates, it is helpful in repairing MOV video file that has been corrupted and shows green screen in QuickTime. And also if your victim video file is of MP4 format, it can be fixed using this repair tool easily and effectively in simple steps.
Software to fix QuickTime showing green screen
YupTools Fix MOV Application provides you with best interface which makes sure your corrupt video file that is showing green screen plays without any error. This utility is equipped with advanced techniques and superior repair algorithms making your video files playable on QuickTime in minimum amount of time. This tool can be installed on multiple platforms like Windows and Mac systems and apart from fixing green screen error, you can also fix videos that are unplayable on other media players. You’ll also get a chance to fix corrupt videos when you are unable to read your MOV or MP4 file, when your video file is out of sync, when your MOV file is infected with virus and so on.
Supported operating systems:
- Windows: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003 and 2008
- Mac: Mac Leopard 10.5, Snow Leopard 10.6, Mac Lion 10.7, Mountain Lion 10.8, Mac Mavericks 10.9 and Yosemite OS X 10.10
Follow the simple procedure for fixing the video file that shows green screen in QuickTime player
- Download and install YupTools Fix MOV Utility application in the system by logging in as local system admin
- As soon as installation process gets completed, user can run the utility with help of shortcut icon provided on desktop
- Select the video file to repair now. First provide and healthy file of the same file format as the corrupted once followed by choosing the damaged video
- Once browsing of video is done, hit on Repair option
- User can view repair progress with help of progress bar provided in next screen
- Once repair process gets completed, user can preview repaired video
- Finally, save it to available destination as applicable to host system user
“If you are a regular user of QuickTime and experiencing a QuickTime error 2048 when you try to play a video file, then make use of YupTools Fix MOV Software and repair the video using the same steps mentioned above in few couple of minutes.”
- Always maintain backup of important video file on more than one destination to overcome video file corruption
- Follow proper procedure while exiting QuickTime player when video file is being played
- Make sure you update your antivirus protection on regular basis to prevent virus attack as it is believed as one of the main culprit for video file corruption
Other Popular Software
YupTools Fix MOV is a application that provides complete solution to repair Canon digital camera MOV videos in few simple clicks. Works on Windows and Mac OS as well.
Here is a solution to repair .mov videos recorded using iPhone that are corrupted, damaged, unplayable or inaccessible on any of the storage devices like internal or external hard drives instantly.