SD card is dead. What next?
Just like any other storage devices, SD card can be damaged or dead due to users’ improper operations or any malware attacks. When SD card is dead,
- You may find some data stored on their SD card are lost due to unknown reasons;
- You may encounter a prompt which says your SD card needs to be formatted for further use;
- The SD card may have no response at all after it had been connected to computer
As soon as you come to know that SD card is dead, first and foremost thing you must do is to recover all important files such as pictures, videos, contacts, audios, etc which are stored in it. If you have maintained a proper backup of needed files from SD memory card to other data storage device then it is very easy to restore files. But in absence of backup facility, you have to opt for reliable data recovery software and try to restore data.
Software to recover data from dead SD card:
YupTools Recover Hard Drive Software is the recommended tool for recovering files from dead SD card. YupTools is a professional and reliable application that works by scanning dead SD card thoroughly and allows you to restore files from dead SD card. It is designed with user friendly interface, hence even a novice can retrieve files from dead SD card with utmost ease.
Features of YupTools Recover Hard Drive Program:
- YupTools Program helps in data recovery from different brands of memory cards like Kingston, PNY, Lexar, SanDisk, transcend and many others after they go dead
- Easily recovers media files like RAW images, generic photo files, audio, video and other files from SD memory cards that are used in digital cameras, camcorders, music players, Tablet and different type of multimedia gadgets
- Equipped for identifying and recovering more than 300 file types and it also supports various file systems such as NTFS, FAT, exFAT, etc.
- Executes quick and hassle free file recovery from dead SD card and also on different types of memory cards like SD card, SDXC, CF, MicroSD, xD, MMC, SDHC etc.
- YupTools also helps to recover data from Sony Vaio Laptop with ease
- Restores data from SD memory card showing RAW file system or after it gets formatted/re-formatted
- Other than SD memory card, you can also employ this program to retrieve deleted or lost files from other storage mediums like hard drives, external USB drives, iPods, FireWire drives, etc.
- Can sort all recovered files based on the size of the file, file type, and file creation date
How SD card turns into dead state?
- Continued to use same SD memory card in different and many electronic gadgets can result in data loss issue by rendering SD card dead
- SD card turns into dead due to file system corruption. If there is a frequent power failure, incorrect removal of SD card during read/write operation leads to file system corruption which makes SD card to turn into dead state
- SD memory card go dead if it is exposed to harmful viruses
Whatever might be the cause behind for dead SD card, YupTools Recover Hard Drive is the only solution that makes you to recover files from dead SD memory card within shortest period of time.
Steps for restoring data from dead SD memory card:
- Click at download button to get YupTools Recover Hard Drive Tool and completely install it on your computer
- Connect that dead SD memory card using card adaptor and then launch the software
- The main screen comes up displaying “Partition Recovery” and “Formatted/ Reformatted Recovery” option
- Click on “Partition Recovery” tab and then you will be displayed with the drive selection window
- Here you have to select storage drive that represnts externally connected card and click on Next
- This recovery program starts scanning the selected device and displays all restored files
- Choose any file from the list and use Preview option to view file before saving
- Now you can save all recovered data to a desired storage location on your computer hard drive, but remember not to the same SD card
Other Popular Software
Recovering files from unallocated partition is easy and simple, opt YupTools Recover Hard Drive software and get files from unallocated partition in few simple steps.
RAW Files from formatted CF card recovery is possible with few simple steps using YupTools Recover Hard Drive App. It can also be used for other flash cards for recovering all types of files in few clicks.