Unable to Format Memory Card
When you connected your memory card to the system to transfer some files, an error message popped up asking you to format the card. You are left with no choice but to format the memory card. If you don’t format it, then you don’t get access to files present in it. However, when you tried to format the card, another error message popped up stating – “Windows was unable to complete the format.”
This sure is an annoying situation. Formatting the memory card is not difficult, but when you get an error message saying that the card cannot be formatted, then it leaves you stranded. What about files present in the memory card? Well this can happen when the memory card is corrupted, it is virus infected, there is disk write protection, and so on. Don’t worry, we tell you few methods by which you can fix this issue.
Method 1: Using Windows Disk Management tool
- Right click on This PC, and select Manage option. In the Computer Management window, click on Disk Management option.
- From the list of drives, select the memory card that you have to format, right click and hit on Format. (If any partitions are present on the drive, then you should delete them at first)
If this method doesn’t work out, and you still end up getting error message, then the next thing to do is to at least try and recover files present in the memory card. This can be easily done with the help of a Card Recovery tool. YupTools Photo Recovery is an efficient tool to recover data from memory card which cannot be formatted.
Method 2: Recover data from memory card
YupTools Deleted Photo Recovery tool comes handy to scan and get back inaccessible files from memory card that cannot be formatted. It deep scans the entire memory card drive to recover files from it. All your important photos, video files, music files, documents, and other data will be restored from the card in just a short while. Apart from this, the utility also helps to recover files from card after format is performed. So don’t think that files are lost permanently after format; you can get them back easily with the help of YupTools Photo Recovery program.
Guide to Retrieve Memory Card Data that has Format Error:
- Download and install the software on your computer
- Run the tool. Connect the memory card to the computer.
- Choose Recover Photos option from the main screen, followed by Lost Photo Recovery option in the next screen
- Select the memory card from which you have to recover files, and hit Next
- When the scanning process is completed, a set of recovered files will be displayed
- Preview the files and save them on a preferred destination
Other Popular Software
YupTools Deleted Photo Recovery Application can be used to recover deleted photos from Sony Alpha DSLR camera in few simple steps successfully!
Flash Photos will be recovered with the aid of efficient YupTools Deleted Photo Recovery Tool. You can first use Demo version to ensure the recovery of flash images easily.