Recovering Data from External Hard Disk on Mac OS X 10.9
“I use external hard disk to store some important data in it than on my Mac machine. Today when I plugged it to my computer, I can’t see any files present on it, all files and folders are missing. I was really shocked to see the empty disk. As I know, I have 20GB of vital files saved, can anyone suggest me what am I supposed to do in this situation in order to recover files from external hard drive on Mac 10.9 OS X.
Any suggestion will be very helpful…”
This is one of the most common issue Mac users face, not a big deal to worry about it. Recovering data from external hard disk on Mac OS X 10.9 is just a matter of few clicks, make use of YupTools Recover Deleted Files Utility for Mac and get back deleted or missing files from external disk on any Mac machine easily and quickly.
Before you step into recovery process, check for these things -
- Try connecting your external drive to another Mac machine
- Check whether you have deleted files by yourself or someone
- Try changing USB cable which you use to connect external hard drive to 10.9 OS X
- Check whether your disk making any noises that ever made before
If still you’re not able to find your files on your external hard disk, then without delaying make use of YupTools File Recovery Tool! It is one of the highly recommended tool in the market due to its advanced scanning and recovery mechanism with many features enclosed within the software.
Causes for deletion of files from external hard drive can be anything, like –
- Intentional or unknowing deletion of data
- Improper removal of the drive from the connected Mac machine will sometime make you face data loss situation
- Cause of any interruptions while moving files from OS X system to external hard drive, may lead to data loss
- Formatting or reformatting of the disk many times will also results in such kind of cases
There can be several other reasons for losing files from removable drive, but with the aid of YupTools Recover Deleted Files Mac Software you will be able to recover files from external hard drive on Mac 10.9 OS X in a short interval of time.
How Files Are Recoverable after Deletion / Permanent Deletion?
Files deleted or missing from external hard drive or from any storage drives doesn’t really mean it is deleted forever. Deleted file(s) will still be present in the same location until and unless the deleted space is overwritten by new files, because adding new file into the same disk will replace the deleted ones.
Any day if you come across such cases, then immediately make use of YupTools Recover Deleted Files Software for Mac users before you overwrite the deleted files spaces, yet you can even recover files deleted months ago . Here are the unique features of YupTools Recover Deleted Files Software for Mac listed -
- Scans entire hard disk in few minutes using its powerful scanning and recovery algorithms using which it restores deleted or lost files due to any reasons
- Recover all file formats, YupTools recovery tool will retrieve different types of files such as image files, movies of any file formats, videos, music files, MS Office files, archives, and many other documents
- Simple user interface, which makes it very easy for any Mac user to use this utility and perform file recovery process without any difficulty
- Supports all popular storage drives, it is not only used to recover files from external hard drive on Mac 10.9, instead you can even use this tool for restoring data from internal drives as well
- YupTools Recover Deleted Files Software for Mac supports recovery of files from various types of external hard drives like – recovering files from SDHC Card, SDXC, CF, XD, SD Cards, Memory Cards, iPods, Digital Cameras, Memory Sticks, etc. of all popular brands
- Other than Mac OS X 10.9, you can even use this tool for 10.11 OS X (El Capitan), Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite), OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion), OS X 10.7 (Lion), OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) and OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
- Facilitated with ‘Preview’ and ‘Save Recovery Session’ options, you can view retrieved files using preview option and pause the recovery session and restart it anytime using save recovery session option
- Recovered files can be categorized on the basis of its file extension, size, file type and file name
Steps to Recover Files from External Hard drive on Mac 10.9 OS X
- Download YupTools Recover Deleted Files on Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)
- Connect your external hard drive to software installed Mac machine
- Run the software and select “Recover Files” option and then select “Deleted File Recovery” or “Lost File Recovery” according to your situation and go to next page
- Software will ask you to select the drive from where you wish to restore files i.e., select external hard drive you connected to Mac system and click on “Next” option to start the recovery process
- It will scan your entire selected drive and recovers files accordingly
- Once the process is completed, you can see your files recovered from external drive on Mac OS X 10.9
- Click on “Preview” option to view retrieved files and to save those files by clicking on “Save” option
- Stop using your external hard drive after losing files
- Avoid storing recovered files in the same external drive
- Do not suddenly remove portable drive from the Mac system
- Check twice before deleting any files
- It is always better to maintain multiple copies of essential files and folders
Other Popular Software
A dynamic tool for all Mac users to retrieve lost or deleted files from Mac systems. User friendly user interface to use. click on the given link to download the application for recovering all types of files deleted from Trash folder from Mac OS X.
Easy way to find and restore missing, deleted Images from Mac machine in few simple steps! Compatible with all versions of Apple's Mac OS X. Read more about this article on the given link.