How to Recover Data after Factory Reset in Mac?
How to recover data after factory resetting Mac? It's simple with Yuptools Recovery software. Download the demo version of the tool that recovers all your data and previews the recovered file in "File Type View" or "Data View" before you purchase the tool. Download now!!!Download Buy Now
What is factory reset and why is it done?
A factory reset restores the device to the state it was when it left the factory. Thus, any files, applications, settings that are added by the user will be removed. It is normally done to fix certain issues, or to improve performance of the device. It is also done to clean up the device before selling.
In some cases, you may have unintentionally performed a factory reset and lost important files. Now, if you are using a Mac, you mostly have access to Time Machine and data is backed up there. If for some reason, you don’t have a backup, you may lose important data. In order to recover data after factory reset, you will need professional data recovery tools.
You may be wondering how is it possible to recover data after factory reset. To understand this concept, you should know that data is not permanently deleted. It is still present on the hard drive, only pointers to the data are erased, making it inaccessible to the user. Yuptools Hard drive recovery makes use of this concept and performs data recovery.
It is a great tool to recover data after factory reset. It can recover all your data with complete folder structure intact. It works on a read only mechanism, so your original files are not altered during recovery process.
Yuptools can also be used to recover data from corrupt or formatted hard drives. In some cases, your partitions may get deleted due to improper partitioning or due to virus attacks. In such cases, Yuptools can recover deleted partitions easily.
- In addition to recovering files from your system, the software can also be used to recover data from external hard drives, USB’s, memory cards etc.
- Supports all Mac OS versions such as Yosemite, El Capitan, Sierra etc. including the latest High Sierra
- Supports all Mac devices such as MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, Mac Mini etc.
- Can recover a variety of files such as photos, videos, documents etc.
- All file systems such as HFS, HFSX etc. are supported.
Steps to recover data from factory reset Mac using Yuptools Data Recovery:
Data recovery is easy using Yuptools. It provides a simple interface with step by step instructions. To begin with, just download and install the software on your system.
- Double click on the shortcut icon of the software created to run the application
- On the main screen, click on Recover drives
- Then select Partition Recovery and the drive
- Then select the partition you wish to recover
- Once the software completes scanning process, all files are displayed
- You can view the files using Preview feature and save them in a desired location
NOTE: In order for recovery to be successful, make sure you do not use your Mac until all data is recovered. Using the system may overwrite new files on the drive and make recovery difficult.
Other Popular Software
Learn how to recover data from MacBook Air without losing it in few couple of minutes by using YupTools Mac Hard Drive Recovery Software. Click the page and download the tool on any latest Mac OS versions.
Restoring data from Maxtor external hard drive when it is not being detected is easy if you have YupTools Mac Hard Drive Recovery installed; the tool has got may useful features which helps to recover data.