Recover Lost Documents and Media Files after System Restore
Generally, application files, system files, documents and media files will be stored on the system hard drive. And, people often regret losing these files after a System Restore. So, the best and inexpensive way to avoid file loss after System Restore is to have a backup. But, what if you forgot to back up your files before System Restore? Thankfully, you are not out of options. There is still a way to recover lost documents and media files after System Restore.
How to Retrieve Lost Documents and Media Files After System Restore?
Do you know what this System Restore actually means and how files will be lost after System Restore?
System Restore is one of the important features of Windows OS. It lets you restore the computer to its earlier working state. It is like undoing your system changes without affecting any files stored in it.
System Restore primarily helps you to recover the computer from the damaged registry, system crash or any other problems caused due to recently done modification. And, it has no impact on personal files or folders stored on your hard drive.
But, in some special cases, restoring a system to a specific former state can result in unexpected data loss problems. Let us consider a real-time scenario where you have removed some harmful viruses from your system. Later, you noticed that a few startup programs are blocked. Hence you performed Windows System Restore and restored the system to the most recent point. Unfortunately, you lost documents and media files after system restore process.
Other Cases Where You May Lose Documents and Media Files after System Restore:
- If the computer gets terminated suddenly in an improper way when System Restore process is still in progress, then there is a possibility of missing media files and documents
- During the System Restore operation, you might accidentally choose the option to format the system drives. This, in turn, leads to complete deletion of documents and media files from your hard drive
- Interruption, errors while performing System Restore etc.
There are many other cases where you may end up in losing files after System Restore. And, soon after these instances, the obvious question that arises in your mind is “Is there any way to retrieve lost documents and media files after system restore?”, “If yes, then how can I find it?”?
Leave your worries! Here, you will get an ultimate solution for all these queries.
Possibilities of Lost Documents and Media File Recovery After System Restore:
Once you lost any document or media file after System Restore, don’t think that those files are gone forever. Still, there is a chance to recover lost documents and media files after System Restore.
Method 1: Procedure to Recover Lost Files After System Restore
- Turn off the system. Power it again
- Press F8 when the blue screen appears
- You will reach Advanced Options Menu
- Select Safe Mode using arrow keys and hit Enter
- Choose Microsoft Windows Whistler Personal or Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
- Provide Administrator credentials and press Enter
- Opt Yes when asked confirmation for Windows to boot into Safe Mode
- Go to Start and select My Computer
- Open your system drive (typically C) and select Documents and Settings
- Right click on your user account and select Properties
- Choose Security, then Advanced
- Switch to Owner tab and enable Replace owner on the subcontainers and objects
- Apply the changes by hitting OK and Yes buttons
- Restart your computer
If this manual method does not help you then, you need to choose an efficient automated way for retrieving lost files after System Restore. Thus, you must use the best and relevant file recovery tool like YupTools Recover Deleted Files Software. This is one of the renowned and expert-suggested applications that helps you in restoring lost documents and media files after System Restore in few minutes. This program is designed with powerful scanning algorithm that efficiently recovers any file or document, which is lost after System Restore process.
Prominent Features of YupTools Recover Deleted Files Program:
- YupTools Program is highly rated and suggested by industry experts to retrieve lost documents and media files after System Restore
- Helps in restoring data from different types of hard drives like SATA, IDE and SCSI to restore deleted documents as well missing files after System Restore, reset, crash, failure etc.
- Successfully works on all versions of Windows operating system including Windows 10
- Provides easy, fast and secure recovery process to retrieve photos from digital cameras, media cards, portable drives, iPods, USB drive or any storage media with ease
- Its wizard like interface enables you to retrieve data after System Restore within few clicks
Method 2: Steps to Retrieve Lost Documents and Media Files after System Restore
- Download and install YupTools Recover Deleted Files on your Windows computer
- On the main screen choose Recover Files option and click on Lost Files Recovery
- Select the drive from which you want to recover media files and documents after System Restore
- Opt Skip and proceed
- You will get a list of retrieved media files and documents
- Preview the recovered data and save it to a new location
- Be careful while accomplishing System Restore and avoid interruptions
- Read all displayed instructions cautiously and proceed, during System Restore
Other Popular Software
YupTools Deleted Photo Recovery Application can be used to recover deleted photos from Sony Alpha DSLR camera in few simple steps successfully!
Flash Photos will be recovered with the aid of efficient YupTools Deleted Photo Recovery Tool. You can first use Demo version to ensure the recovery of flash images easily.