It is very annoying to know that healthy NTFS partition suddenly turned RAW as in this state all the files stored in it will be unreadable. And, you will fail to access NTFS partition when it is in the RAW state. Hence, it is necessary to convert RAW partition to NTFS as soon as possible.
Reasons for RAW NTFS Partition:
NTFS partition turns RAW only when its file system gets corrupted hence OS fails to recognize the file system it is formatted with. Here are the factors that lead to NTFS file system corruption: -
- Any kind of interruption while performing format, reformat or repartitioning of hard drive in system can result in NTFS file system corruption
- Computer viruses are responsible for many undesirable issues. It can also corrupt file system
- Sudden shut down of the system while running any application in background also results in file system corruption
How to Fix NTFS Partition RAW State?
There are many methods which can be followed to turn back the partition to NTFS from RAW state. But, follow these methods only if you feel there are no important data in your RAW drive. In case, it has important files which you need, then get them back before fixing it using following methods.
Phase #1: Recovering Data from NTFS RAW Drive
The best method to get back your data from the RAW NTFS Drive is recovery software. We will recommend YupTools Recover Hard Drive Software as it performs data recovery from the RAW drive in few minutes. The software is specifically designed to retrieve NTFS partition showing RAW. This utility works by efficient scanning methodology. It scans the entire NTFS partition and then recovers all the files from the RAW file system with ease. With its interactive and simple graphical user interface, even a novice can easily recover NTFS partition showing RAW. YupTools is completely free from deadly viruses, hence download this tool in your PC without thinking about virus infection and start the recovery process.
Guide to Recover NTFS Drive Showing RAW using YupTools Recover Hard Drive Software:
- Download, install and run YupTools Recover Hard Drive Software on your computer
- When home screen appears, choose Recover Drives option
- In the following screen, select “Recover Partition” option
- Next, select the partition that turned RAW and click Next to continue with the recovery process
- The software scans and displays recovered files in File Type View and Data View
- View them and save to any safe location
YupTools Is Helpful in Following Situations:
Sometimes you might come across some error messages while accessing files from NTFS partition. Some of the common error messages are as follows:
- "NTFS file system not accessible"
- “Directory or file is unreadable. Please run Chkdsk utility"
- "Is not accessible. The parameter is incorrect."
- “Sector not found”
- Invalid file type that reads the drive. Abort, Retry, Fail?
In such instances, you can use this YupTools Recover Hard Drive Program. It helps to override any error messages that are upcoming from RAW NTFS drive and allows you to retrieve files in few minutes.
More About YupTools Recover Hard Drive Tool:
- • YupTools has read only feature. It does not modify anything on your drive
- Supports file extraction process from all types of hard drives like SCSI, SATA, IDE, SAS, ATA, PATA etc.
- You can rescue files from the RAW external hard drive, pen drives, memory cards, FireWire, system hard disks etc.
- You can recover data from overlapped drive with the help of this YupTools Recover Hard Drive Tool
- Easy compatible to work on Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2003 operating systems for restoring files from RAW NTFS partition
- Ability to retrieve data from RAID0, RAID1, and RAID5 deleted or formatted partitions
Phase #2: Fixing NTFS RAW State
Method #1: Convert RAW to NTFS via Command Prompt
- Open Command Prompt and type convert drive_letter: /fs:NTFS [Replace drive letter with NTFS drive letter]
- Hit Enter and type partition name which you want to convert
- Wait until the process gets completed.
Method #2: Reformat NTFS Drive
Another method to fix the RAW state of NTFS drive is to reformatting the drive. Just, select the RAW drive, right click and select Format option. While formatting, set file system to NTFS and hit Start button.
Important tips to be followed:
- Remember to have a backup of important files on safe external drive to avoid data loss
- Never shut down your PC forcefully while some applications are still running in background
- Always use an updated antivirus application to keep hard drive safe and secure from harmful viruses
Other Popular Software
Recovering files from unallocated partition are easy and simple, opt YupTools Recover Hard Drive software and get files from the unallocated partition in few simple steps.
RAW Files from formatted CF card recovery is possible with few simple steps using YupTools Recover Hard Drive App. It can also be used for other flash cards for recovering all types of files in few clicks.