How to Retrieve Data from Overlapped Drive?
Real Time Scenario:
“My PC runs both Windows 7 and Ubuntu. It so happened that Ubuntu OS failed to load on recently. Hence I tried to re-install, but the partition table is shown empty when installation screen pops out stating that the entire partition was unallocated and when I took a closer view via Right Click option- GParted tool displayed a message, ”Can’t have overlapping partition” From this I thought that partitions are overlapped and cannot be used for installation. Can anyone tell me how to access data from overlapped partition and use it for re-installation?”
YES, it is possible to access data from overlapped partitions… Scroll down to know the reason and how to retrieve data from overlapped partitions without any loss of data!!!
Above specified is one of the symptoms of having “invalid partition”, “drive unallocated” and fails to perform any actions on your hard drive. Usually GParted utility shows the errors present in the partitions. The root cause for the mentioned problem is, the partition table at one occurrence where the end of one partition overlap the start of another partition existing in your Windows computer. (In such cases, you will not be knowing whether the starting or the ending sector is having problem. We usually assume that starting of sector is correct, and that the ending sector might be wrong).
Note that a computer with an invalid partition table can often stop the booting process.
Caution: Editing partitions in this situations has the potential to cause data loss. It is highly advised to back up your crucial available data before proceeding further…
First step toward this is, stop using / working on that drive anymore. The faster you act the sooner are the chances of recovery. Before it’s late to restore data from overlapped partitions make use of reliable and efficient hard drive recovery tool like YupTools Hard Drive Recover Toolkit. This software works on all Windows 10, Windows 8 / 8.1, Win 7, Windows XP, Vista, Server editions 2008 and Server 2003 versions of Windows Operating System.
Procedure for Recovering Overlapped Partition:
- Download and unpack hard drive recovery
- Select “Recover Drives” option and then choose “Partition Recovery” option and click on Next to proceed further
- On the next window, select appropriate drive from where you want to restore data and go to “Next” option
- Wait for couple of minutes… software will display a set of recovered data from overlapped partition
- Check using “Preview” option and store retrieved data on any of accessible drive except same drive using “Save” option
Benefits of Using YupTools Recover Hard Drive Software:
- Tool can be installed on all latest versions of Windows Operating System
- Very simple and convenient user interface, which means no technical of software skills are required to use it for restoring data from overlapping partitions
- YupTools Recover Hard Drive Software is widely available in the market with affordable price
- Offers two versions,
- One is Demo version before purchasing the licenced software. Here you can only view the recovered data using “Preview” option, for saving data you have to go for licensed software
- Second is Full version, in this you can check retrieved data using “Preview” and store on any of the accessible drives using “Save” option
- Provides wide support to different hard drive interfaces like SATA, IDE, SATA having FAT16, FAT32, EXFAT, NTFS and NTFS5 file systems
- Software doesn’t alter or modify any original content of the files while recovering
- YupTools helps to recover files from unbootable Windows in few minutes.
- It is 100% safe from all types of external threats like adwares, spywares, viruses and malware. Feel free to download
- Also provides 24 /7 technical help for users, contact us anytime!
Other Popular Software
If you're partition is showing as RAW, due to which you are not able to access any files stored in it. To recover RAW partition data make use of YupTools Recover Hard Drive software and get access to all data.
Discover how to recover formatted hard drive data by following few simple steps with YupTools Recover Hard Drive. Download and Install it on any versions of Windows Operating System.