Recovering data from unmountable hard drive may sound complex and scary. In this article, you’ll learn how to recover data in a simple and feasible way. But, first, we’ll look at the possible causes for a hard drive to show unmountable error.
Reasons for A Drive/Partition to Turn Un-Mountable
- File system corruption.
- Malfunctioning of OS.
- Driver issues.
- Corrupted Registry file.
- Virus/Malware applications.
- MBR Corruption.
- Partition issues because of multiple operating systems.
All the above mentioned are the probable causes for a drive to show unmountable error. There are two types of unmountable drive error: First one – the drive is visible, but you won’t be able to access the data. The second one – your computer stops running all of a sudden, saying partition/drive is unmountable. Here the drive won’t be visible. Whichever be the case, getting the data from the drive should be the foremost thing to do. And for that, Yup Tools Recover Hard Drive is the best in this category.
Yup Tools Recover Hard Drive
Yup Tools provides hard drive data recovery solution for Windows platform. In a few simple steps you’ll get your data back. It helps not just un-mountable drives but also from failed, formatted, corrupted, RAW and damaged hard drive recovery as well. The product is 100% safe and secure to use.
How to Recover Unmountable Hard Drive on Windows
- Download and install Yup Tools Recover Hard Drive software. Now run the software and select Recover Drives from the main screen.
- From the consecutive screen, choose either Partition Recovery or Formatted / Re-Formatted Recovery.
- Select the partition that you want to recover the data from. The software starts scanning the partition for the lost/inaccessible data.
- Recovered files will be displayed on the screen. You can choose to preview them or save it to your desired storage location.
How to Mount Un-Mountable Volume on Windows?
After successfully recovering the data, you have to format the partition to mount it again. Let see how to format a volume in Windows.
- Go to Control Panel and then System and Security and then go to Administrative Tools, and double click Computer Management.
- Choose Disk Management in the left-pane under Storage.
- Right click the volume/partition that you need to format, and choose Format.
- You can format the volume/partition with the default settings by selecting OK in the Format wizard, and then again select OK.
Other Popular Software
This tool will help you get back complete partition information in few simple steps by saving your precious time. Recover files, folders and every data stored in your partition
RAW Files from formatted CF card recovery is possible with few simple steps using YupTools Recover Hard Drive App. It can also be used for other flash cards for recovering all types of files in few clicks.