Simple Ways to Get Back Files Lost after Replacing Windows 7 with Windows 10
“Recently I upgraded my Windows 7 PC to Windows 10 and I lost all my documents, movies, videos, images, archives, and many more files. I have no idea how to restore files after upgrading Windows 10, how do I recover files after replacing Windows 7 with Windows 10? Can anyone guide me how I do it and find my files back…”
Loss of data can be seen in the form of software losses like game Hearts, Windows Media Center, Desktop Gadgets will not be able to see after Windows 10 upgrade. But many files and folders from ‘My Documents’ will be misplaced and end up in data loss situations.
Try out these
- Look for the files using ‘Search’, try searching ‘show hidden files and folders’ in the search box
- Backup is a very important thing and is recommended to maintain it on regular basis, restore files using data backup
If you still can’t find your files, then here’s how to retrieve missing files after upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Operating System in few simple steps…
Method #1: Recover Windows 10 Files Using Previous Version
- Navigate to This PC
- Find the folder from where files are missing after upgrading to Windows 10
- Right-click on that folder and click on Restore previous versions
- Select the most recent version and click on Restore option
It will work only if you have created Restore points using Windows Backup feature.
Method #2: Restore Missing Files using YupTools Recover Hard Drive Software
YupTools Recover Hard Drive Software will help you recover files after replacing Windows 7 with Windows 10 in a much simpler way! This software is built using latest recovery techniques which makes it possible to recover files after replacing Windows 7 with Windows 10 within minutes. Simple and interactive recovery interface which will help any computer and Windows OS user to use this tool which is a solution to data recovery after upgrading Windows 10.
Guide to Recover Files after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Download and Install YupTools Recover Hard Drive Software
- Run the utility according to the given instructions
- Click on “Recover Drives” option from the main screen and then select “Partition Recovery” option from the second screen
- Select the drive from where you want to recover data back, select and click on “Next” option
- Once the recovery process is completed, you will be able to see missing files back. Click on “Preview” option to view retrieved data
- If you’re happy with the results, then buy the licensed version and save recovered data by clicking on “Save” option
- Demo version will not allow you to save recovered files, in order to save retrieved data you will have to go for licensed version of YupTools Recover Hard Drive Utility
Unique Features of YupTools Recovery Software
- Recovered data can be viewed in ‘data type view’ and ‘file type view’
- Original content of the files will not be changed while recovering
- Software supports different hard drive interfaces like SCSI, SATA, ATA and IDE having ExFAT, NTFS5, NTFS, FAT 32 and FAT 16 file system
- ‘Save Recovery Session’ will help you stop and restart recovery process anytime
- Restore entire data in minutes using this software like (Photos, movies, video footages, archives, text files, audio, music files and many more)
- Retrieved data can be stored in any of the storage devices (internal hard disk or external hard drives)
- YupTools Recover Hard Drive Software will allow you to compress recovered data by creating retrieved files in a ZIP file format, in order to save your storage space
- You can even use this software to recover files from non-working laptop(s), unbootable drives, corrupted or formatted hard disks easily
- Demo version and full version of YupTools Recover Hard Drive Tool is available, you can go with demo version first to evaluate the performance of the software and then go with licensed version
Reasons can be
- Windows 10 upgrade is not properly completed
- Rolling back to the previous OS after upgrading to Windows 10
- Usually, after replacing Windows 7 with Windows 10, files end up getting misplaced
Causes for losing data after replacing Windows 7 with Windows 10 can be any one out of these or you may face other reason, but with the aid of YupTools Recover Hard Drive Utility, you will find the perfect solution to easily restore files after upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 in a short interval of time.
Pay Attention To
- It is good to maintain data backup before performing any sort of operations on your Windows system further
- Stop using your system after losing data
- Avoid formatting or reformatting of the drive
Other Popular Software
Utilize this amazing tool that will seamlessly help you in recovering files from Unbootable Windows of various versions like Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP without great efforts.
Recovering deleted files from Windows 7 after format is an easy and simple process if you utilize data recovery toolkit like YupTools Recover Hard Drive; the app supports the recovery of various types of files.