Well, don’t be panic. This is the typical issue; many Windows users have come across with their Recycle Bin. Even though the exact reason behind this Recycle Bin doesn't show deleted items problem is not determined, there are some fixes available to solve this crisis.
So, just go through these troubleshooting techniques one after the other until you fix the issue- deleted files do not show up in Recycle Bin.
How to Fix When Recycle Bin Doesn't Show Your Deleted Items?
Method 1# Unhide Files
- Go to Start, then Control Panel
- Select Appearance and Personalization, and click on Folder Options
- Switch to View tab
- You can see Show hidden files, folders, and drives option below Advanced settings
- Uncheck the Hide protected operating system files check box and hit OK
Note: If you don’t have any important file or folder in the Recycle Bin, then directly try 2nd or 3rd method. In case, you have important items, which you need to restore from Recycle Bin then use 4th method for recovering those items. And, implement 2nd or 3rd method later.
Method 2# Get Rid of $Recycle.Bin
- From Start menu, open Computer
- Select the drive where Windows is installed
- Find $Recycle.Bin
- Right-click on it and opt to Delete
- Restart your computer
Method 3# Delete $Recycle.Bin Via CMD
- Go to Start, then All Programs and select Accessories
- Right click on the Command Prompt
- Choose Run as Administrator
- Type rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin and hit Enter (C: Your Windows drive)
- Exit Command Prompt
- Restart the system
Method 4# Recover Data When Recycle Bin Doesn't Show Deleted Items
- Install and launch YupTools Recover Deleted Files on your computer
- Select Recover Files option, followed by Recover Deleted Files
- From the displayed list of drives, pick the one from where your data needs to be recovered
- A list of all recovered files will be shown in two views
- Preview them and store the retrieved items using Save button
Why YupTools to Recover Files When Recycle Bin Doesn't Show Deleted Items?
When your Recycle Bin fails to show deleted items, you can’t restore your required files or folders from it manually. But, YupTools File Recovery tool has an advanced algorithm, which scans your storage drive thoroughly and fetches the deleted files even though they don’t show up in Recycle Bin. Not just items that don't appear in Bin, it can also recover files after emptying the Recycle Bin in Windows 10, 8.x, 7, XP, Vista, Server 2003 and 2008 systems. It is even helpful for restoring deleted files from USB, portable drive, memory card, pen drive, iPods, camera etc. The tool supports the recovery of any storage drive data, which is formatted with all Windows compatible file systems like FAT, NTFS, ExFAT etc. The program offers a handy interface using which any system user can get back their deleted data. And, it allows you to sort the recovered files on the basis of its name, size, type, and of created/modified date.
Other Popular Software
Searching for better tool that will recover data in Android phones? YupTools Recover for Android will retrieve all files easily from Android based phones.
YupTools Fix MOV is the tool which has the ability to repair corrupt MOV and MP4 File within few minutes. It works on all latest versions of Windows OS.